Monday, October 8, 2012

My Favorite Addiction

NewImage

So, I spent a lot of time researching addictions for Fighting Addiction, because, well, that's sort of what the book's about, yeah? ;-)

I researched all sorts of addictions.

Food addictions. 

Sex addiction.

Drug addiction.

Alcohol addiction.

Recovering from your addictions.

I kept on and on until Jess, my research assistant, pointed out that she was fairly sure the DEA was starting a file on her poor baby body, so I took what she found me and ran with it.

During the research, I really got inside the heads of my boys, of what they were hooked on and why they were hooked. About what fascinated me so much about their issues.

That's when I reallized I had to acknowledge my addictions. 

Well, addiction.

Shutterstock 42950863

I  only have one thing that I cannot do without.

Shutterstock 113775571

It's the first thing I get in the morning. I have a favorite mug. I have a ritual around making the morning mug. I love that first sip.

Shutterstock 87855436

It's what I need in the afternoon. (Triple espresso with almond milk)

Shutterstock 69863161

My quad espressi after supper assures no one dies in the evenings.

Shutterstock 63367171

There may even be a Starbucks budget line in the iBank.

Shutterstock 57997327

Hi, I'm BA and I'm a coffee addict.

*waves*

To celebrate my addiction and Markus and Seb's addictions, I've put together a little goodie bag based on my favorite addiction that includes a signed print copy of Fighting Addiction.

How do you enter? Tell me your addiction here in the comments. Confess, y'all, don't make me be the only one.

I'll let me niece pick a winner Friday night.

Now, it's time for a cuppa.

Much love.

BA

16 comments:

Moma Sue said...

I think I'm addicted to dogs and possibly potatoes lol

Moria said...

My addiction is coffee and chocolate, preferably together. hehe

Unknown said...

My addiction would have to be the internet. I can hop online to just do one 5 minute task... 1, 2, 3, 4+ hours later I finally look up and realize I just wasted a huge chunk of my day... Pinterest, Sumbleupon, Pandora, Youtube, Blogs, and just random searches about things my brain ponders and wonders why about I research... Most of the things I end up looking at online I don't even end up doing anything more with, other than cashing them in my brain of useless facts that I may someday need to know.

kaytee said...

We share addictions to a point - mine is coffee - straight up black with nothing added - except ice when its hot out. My other addiction is books - all kinds and almost all genres.

gigi said...

I'm addicted to books and chocolate, together preferably!


gisu29(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I would say the internet and sweets. I spend way too long absorbed on the web and have a big sweet tooth when I should cut it way down due be watching my blood sugar.

strive4bst(At) yahoo(Dot) com

Loveless3173 said...

Books.
I'm completely addicted to gay novels.
I mean, the chances of me actually getting to read the almost thousands of books that I have already are slim to none. But I just can't help myself but to keep buying more!!!! LOL...
Ah... yes.. That is my addiction.
Hi, My name is Judi and I'm addicted to gay novels.

;p

Judi
arella3173_loveless(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ladycelt said...

I realize that "reading" is pretty general for an addiction, but...if I tell you that I am never without a book (or Kindle, now) in my sight, it isn't an exaggeration.Brushing my teeth? Kindle propped behind the sink. Doing dishes? Kindle propped on dishtowel. I've never really "watched" a TV show in my life -- I've always had a book in my hand. Every family vacation in my life, I was in the back seat laying down reading...I've "missed" some of the best scenery in the country!LOL
Currently I'm reading mostly m/m romance, but I will read anything and everything - I just can't NOT read. Nope, can't do it.

Lisa ladyb67(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Urb said...

I am addicted to, what's it called, oh....COFFEE! And also miserably addicted to reading, even worse than ever now due to eBooks. OY!

Lastly, I'm addicted to seaweed.

brendaurbanist AT gmail DOT com

Michelle said...

I'm addicted to books...If I don't have a new one everyday (at least) I start having symptoms of withdrawal...not pretty! Just ask the hubs.
chellebee66(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I, too, am addicted to reading - print books, ebooks, comic books, signs... can't pass words and not read them. "Hale toalla usandos dos manos" - that was on every towel dispenser at my first full time job and I read it every time even though I don't speak Spanish! I can take a full shower, wash and condition my hair while reading a paperback. :)

I shouldn't enter this since I'm still eagerly anticipating my Summer prize pack but, hey, I'm not proud! buttononthetop at gmail dot com :o)

Liz Brooks said...

Since we're all friends here, I guess I can admit that I'm addicted to coffee, too. And doughnuts, especially the Krispy Kreme ones. And Trader Joe's ginger cookies.

Katherine Halle said...

OH man, I'm addicted to reading, all kinds of reading, right now I'm reading on my Kindle. Also, I'm addicted to tomato juice, srsly, I cannot get enough of it, there will never be enough tomato juice. And lately, Teen Wolf ;p

Donna said...

I am addicted to books. I have a tbr shelf thats overflowing. 6 pages of unread titles on my kindle and about 4 on my nook. I'd make more headway but I get the urge to go back and reread by the series...

Anonymous said...

My name is Kari and I'm a rodeo addict, which has kept me in a state of horse-induced poverty my whole life. Sadly, I do not want to be cured.

Donna said...

Forgot my email 1_trouble at msn dot com