Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Authors I Love: Julia Talbot

Okay, so, I’m starting a new thing. I love reading and I love writers.

Yes, I know. Duh.

Still, how often do I get to gush? Just come right out and say, I love this writer.

Of course I would start with Julia.

Let me tell you, you can accuse me of favoritism, but I fell in love with her writing years before I fell in love with her.

Years.

One of my favorite titles ever is the President of the Thatcher Brothers Fan Club. 

You see, I was out and about one day and I found this neat red blank book and it made me think of her, so I mailed it to Colorado for her.

That book lives in our house now — right here, in the office.

Handwritten in it are the beginnings of Jumping Into Things with Ross and Jed and Eli and Kevin.

Seriously. It’s here. 

Of course, so is Julia. And the Blood Rose boys and our Absinthe boys and and and...

I’ll always know that I inspired the Thatchers and I’ll always be the first to hear their stories. 

It’s okay, you can envy me. I don’t mind.

Julia’s website

Much love, y’all.

BA

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

Aww this gives me such warm and fuzzy feelings :D