Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sh*t BA Says: Standing Around with Your Teeth in Your Mouth

Albert Einstein

So every single time I use this phrase, I hear an editor say, “What does that mean?"
Standing there with your teeth in your mouth means just sitting and staring instead of doing, well, anything. I’ve heard the phrase 10 million times in my life, usually in this sense: Jesus Christ, child, stop standing there with your teeth in your mouth and get your ass over here and help me!
Also, Goddamnit, stop standing there with your teeth in your mouth and answer the door.
Or, for fuck’s sake, you can either get off your ass and be useful or just sit there with your teeth in your mouth
43998816 l

See also, staring like a goat looks at a new fence and gobsmacked.
Much love, y’all.
BA

3 comments:

Katherine Halle said...

I LOVE IT! I may have to try it on the kid...

Moma Sue said...

I'm sure you never ever heard that from me ;)

RLO said...

Oh my goodness. Haven't heard this saying in some 50 years. It was from my mother who was occasionally known to have said,

"Don't be just stand there with your teeth in your mouth and your legs hanging down..."

And was then usually followed with something like,

"...get your ass in motion!"