Monday, November 8, 2010

Interview with Julia Talbot

Hey, y'all! I thought it would be fun to start doing some author interviews here, introduce y'all to some folks and who else would I start with but my partner in all things, Julia Talbot?

*grins*

I have to tell y'all. It's so easy to interview across a desk.

What's your favorite time of day to write?

I love it early in the morning, actually. It's quiet, I don't feel pressure to do other work, and I have coffee. It's a perfect situation.

Have you always wanted to be a writer?

Well, when I was five I wanted to be a cowboy or a firefighter. Or a ballerina. By the time I was twelve, though, I gave up being a veterinarian and went to writing ;)



What's your biggest influence?

Stuff I see and hear, I think. I eavesdrop, I watch people, I wonder how someone else would deal with the email I just got...

What kills the writing mood (so we know not to do it)?

Huge amounts of repetitive noise (think a basset hound who wants bacon), lots of stress, a lack of chocolate.

If you had a choice between sleeping with George W. Bush or an undead monkey, which would you choose?

An undead monkey, no contest



What's the last thing you do before bed at night?

Usually play a few rounds of Angry Birds on my Ipod. That's after reading and scritching my basset

Do you have a book you wish you could go back and rewrite?

Oh, god yes. Most of them, in fact. If I'm rushing to hit a deadline it's worse. I feel like I could do them more justice.

10 songs in your ultimate writing playlist:

Losing My Religion by REM

Misguided Angel - Cowboy Junkies

Carrying Your Love With Me - George Strait

Why- Jason Aldean

Real Good Man - Tim Mcgraw

Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls

Low- Flow Rida

Anything by Weird Al

Foggy Mountain Breakdown by Flat and Scruggs

Add it Up - Violent Femmes



Favorite piece of clothing:

my brand new sweater dress from Old Navy-- gray with cables

Favorite thing to do when you're on vacation:

I love to go and see. Doc Holiday's grave? Sure. Cappucin crypt in Rome? Heck yeah. Cafe in the Crypt in London? Absolutely. I love weird sights.

Thanks so much for having me, hon!

You can see Julia here or at her blog here.

1 comment:

Rue said...

Fun interview. I love Julia Talbot books and BA Tortuga books. Are there any books you've written together?