Friday, May 1, 2015

Housekeeping and Renovation

So, I think anyone who knows me would say that I am a good housekeeper.

A place for everything, everything in its place. I hate the sight of dirty dishes in the sink, I do laundry every day. It’s a thing. 

Monday they’re going to start remodeling our master bath. The current bath is beautiful, honestly. There’s this amazing raised garden tub with tile, a lovely arched ceiling. It’s gorgeous.

Gorgeous and useless.

The tub has a huge step up, so J won’t get it. It’s so deep that I can’t get out. It takes 55 gallons of water (we live in the desert). The whole cleaning the jets thing is an utter nightmare.

We’ve been here seven months and we’ve never used it. 

Not once.

So, we’re having a walk in shower installed. It’s going to have a built in seat, a safety bar, and a pull down shower head. It won’t be as pretty or as fancy, but it’ll be functional, so yay.

The problem is my house is going to be in disarray starting on Monday. 

I hate that.

Hate it.

I hate the idea of the noise, the mess, the chaos, the whole concept of demolition makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope it only takes the 3 days that they promised. By Thursday I’m going to be a wreck.

Much love, y’all.

BA

2 comments:

Moma Sue said...

You will love it once it's done. Just try and ignore the mess and racket.

Katherine Halle said...

I wish for the work to be done in the three days allotted and for you to make it through to the other side. I completely understand life being in disarray...we will be moving in two months so yeah...

It will be gorgeous when finished for sure <3333