Monday, August 10, 2015

I'm a Create-a-holic...

I am.

I quilt. I knit. I sew. I make paper. I paint. I crochet. I make miniatures. I draw. I do multimedia art. I dye. I take weird art photographs. I do art journals. I garden. I cook. 

If it’s a craft, I’ve tried it. 

If I haven’t, my wife has. 

If you’ve looked at my Pinterest, you’ll see it. I love to make things. I can’t imagine not creating — in my work life, in my home life. I’ve never worked at a profession where I wasn’t making things. I’ve been an illustrator, a cook, a designer, a toymaker, 

A writer. 

I make things. I’m married to someone who makes things. We have 3 rooms in our house dedicated to making things. O.o

I did a guided meditation once and we were supposed to get advice from our ancestors. The ancestor that chose to visit my was my mother’s great grandmother, Gramma Copey. She smiled at me, handed me a sewing box and said, “We make things, little girl. That’s what we do. We make things."

So now I have an excuse.

It’s a family thing.

We make things.

Much love, y’all.

BA

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

Ooh that's a lovely story, thanks for sharing it with us.

<3333