Friday, March 15, 2013

Reading this Week

Let's see...

I read Mind Fucked by Mia Watts, loved it. It made me laugh so hard that Julia made me put it down so she could sleep.

I read Graywalker by Kat Richardson, which I found really difficult to connect with the heroine. There wasn't anything wrong with the writing, but I just didn't love it. I also read Creative Thursday by Marisa Anne Haedike, which was a charming little boost read about living a creative life. I didn't learn anything, but it made me smile.

Finally, I finished Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman, which I have to tell you, made me sad. I was a huge Hoffman fan back in the mid-to-late 90s and I would just swallow the books whole and wallow in them. This one? Eh. Maybe I'm just not miserable anymore, but I didn't like the main character, I didn't care about the antagonist, and I kept waiting for the princess to save herself and it didn't happen. *shrugs*

This week I'm working on Carrion Comfort by Dan Simmons, One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee  Divakaruni (who, I have to tell y'all, is one of my very favorite authors ever), and I am finishing two beta reads before I go out of town. :D

What are y'all reading?

Much love,

BA

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

I have read absolutely Zippo this week b/c I've had buttononthetop visiting :D But I plan to get back to Beautiful Creatures after the weekend :D