Monday, July 20, 2015

Me and Movies

Okay, so one of the super duper weird things about me is that I love movies, but I HATE watching a movie for the first time. Hate it. 

Don’t ask. I don’t know. I’m a nutcase. This is not news. 

At any rate, my wife informed me, in no uncertain terms, that she was tired of not seeing movies for, oh, the last decade, because I’m a dork, so I promised one new to us movie a week.

So far this month we’ve watched Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, The Minions, Inside Out, Frozen, Ouija and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I loved loved loved the whole Despicable Me franchise. Adored it. Julia says I’m like Gru and the little girls all put together. I said she was like the minions. All of them.

Frozen left me cold, pun intended, and Inside Out made me want to hit something. 

Guardians of the Galaxy was okay if you had some knitting or a good book to read or a card game or something.

Ouija was surprisingly fun. I didn’t expect anything from it and it was clever, a fair boo factor and not gross. I enjoyed it.

Next? Avengers!

3 comments:

Sean Michael said...

You have watching movies for the first time and I hate having spoilers for a movie I've never seen before -- we're like the yin and yang of movie watching!

Sean Michael said...

hate - you hate watching movies for the first time... oye

Katherine Halle said...

HAHA that is interesting!

We LOVE The Minions and the whole Despicable Me thing LOVE IT!!! (I liked Frozen as well...and Inside Out made me cry because it hit WAY too close to home - we saw it RIGHT before we moved /o\)

We're big Marvel fans so GotG was a huge hit for us :D

Ooh so Ouija was really good? Because I had kinda wanted to see that but was almost afraid to...I might have to give it a try ...