Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ADVENT CALENDAR -- Day Eleven -- Jason/Bax (part 4)

"Dillon, that you?"

"It’s who you called, Jason." Dillon Walsh was such a smart ass. Guess that was why he was a clown.

"Oh, good." He slumped on the front porch steps, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I need help."

"Name it."

"I need to call folks — someone to clean, someone to decorate, someone to cook. Beau says I got to stop living like I’m broke dick." They could hire someone to do things, right?

"Okay. How can I help?"

"I don’t know how to find folks. I don’t know what to do and Bax is…" Gone because I broke Christmas. "…off having a drive."

"Okay. So a housekeeper/cook, lights and tree decoration. That it?"

"Uh-huh." Bax liked to mow and he liked helping.

"That’s doable." He heard the sound of a keyboard clacking and he closed his eyes, hating that he needed help with every little thing and not knowing how to make it all right again.

Maybe this was the start.

***

Jason and Bax are the start of the Roughstock series with Blind Ride.

No comments: