Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ADVENT CALENDAR -- Day Ten -- Jason/Bax (part 3)

"I fucked up, Bo-Bo," Jason said.

Beau snorted, spit. "Yeah, like I’m fucking surprised, Jay."

"Asshole. I broke the Christmas tree."

"Ah, bebe, why you do that for?"

He grinned, shook his head. "Are you channeling your granny, man? You sound like a bayou baby."

"Some. Can you fix it, the tree?"

"I cleaned it up. I… I think… I think maybe… I don’t know. I’m stuck, Beau."

"Bullshit. You want I should beat you? You got money, you got a phone, you got a brain. Quit this shit and call someone over to decorate and make things nice, order a feast, and y’all stop living like you ain’t got a pot to piss in."

"Or a window to throw it out of?"

"Yep. Get on the phone, Jay. Fix it. Or better, get on the phone and talk to Andy. Either way, do something."

He nodded, chewing his bottom lip,

Even if it was wrong.

***

Jason and Bax are the start of the Roughstock series with Blind Ride.

No comments: