Friday, April 20, 2012

Being butch ;-)

As y'all probably have seen, Julia and I moved recently, downsizing into a condo of our own. Lord, it's been an adventure. Up on ladders, power tools, hammers.

We've put in a floor, replaced baseboards, hanged about 213400978 pictures. Put together a couch. Set up a computer network. Hooked up the television. Hanged cabinets, had faucets replaced. Daddy came and helped us put in a microwave and dishwasher. I built shelves. Julia installed sliding drawers.

Today we went to the home improvement stores. Tomorrow? Home improvement day! Well, Julia's improving. I'm working in the yard. She has curtains to hang, an ethernet cable to run, and a raised herb garden bed to build. I'm landscaping around the tree in the front yard and mulching, then I'll be planting flowers and tomatoes, jalapenos and green chiles, basil, parsley, oregano, cilantro, and dill. Then I'm hanging the hummingbird feeders and the last few windchimes and possibly weedeating around the front porch, although if Julia does that, I'll trim bushes.

Oh, and there are two birdbaths to set up, too.

We were heading for our 23423094870987th trip to Goodwill today and we were laughing, comparing scars -- Julia's drill bit her head, I dropped a birdfeeder on my big toe and broke it. We decided we were very butch today.

Well, I did have on my favorite pair of purple yoga pants...

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

LMFAO OMG but are you okay? you broke your big toe??? GAH that's painful though /0\

I'm jealous of all your gardening! I miss having a garden, cannot wait to get back to the States so we can have one :D

Congrats on everything you got done :D Good luck on the stuff tomorrow!